Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T2 Summary

Erin Klein's Blog

Mrs. Erin Klein's blog is one every educator should look into! She not only discusses importance of technology in the classroom, but also the importance of the classroom environment itself. As I read through her posts, I found myself enjoying taking notes more and more.
For my first post, I commented on her post regarding redesigning her classroom, Educational Design. The pictures of her classroom are amazing, it looks like such welcoming environment that students would love. She has such a positive energy and outlook for the class and her students. After seeing her post I will definitely look into making my classroom similar, or at least using some of her ideas. One I really enjoyed was that there were no desks, only tables. I also really like that she got the students' opinions and perspectives. The students should have an input, and if it gets them excited about coming to school and learning, then I am all for it!
Picture of blue upholstered chairs sitting below the letters R E A D hanging on the wall, to spell read
Picture of nook view in the classroom


For my second post, I commented on her post regarding the Brainfeed app, Feed Your Brain. This post was all about a newly released, top rated, educational app for ages 7+. Brainfeed was created by Mark Hoffman, originally for his kids when they used his iPad. He wanted to ensure they were getting the most out of the device instead of just "watching mindless programming". The device gives you the opportunity to have a secure, ad free educational and entertaining video program. It is said to work like Pandora, in that when you type a subject related topics also come up. I think this will be a very useful app as a teacher. I will be able to ensure the students aren't getting into any trouble with content, and it is educational.


No comments:

Post a Comment