Thursday, October 2, 2014

C4K September Summary

"Shayne's Blog"
Shayne goes to school in England. He is in his 7th year of school there. His post was about a game they play at school called Ki o Rahi. It is a combination of netball and rugby. He gives a great description of the game and some pointers. I really enjoyed his post because it was so informational. I explained to him that we don't have such a game in America, but we do have rugby. I told him of my rugby knowledge and background, and wished him luck in his future games.

"Lacy's Blog"
Lacy from mrs Schraml's class wrote a post about D.A.R.E. and gave facts about smoking. She tells the legal age requirements as well as the number of harmful ingredients. I made sure to tell her that Alabama was one of the states with a different age. As I read through the comments it reminded me of how passionate I once was about D.A.R.E and its purpose. I am glad to see such great program still being used in schools today.


"Madelyn's Blog"
Madelyn's blog post I commented this week was regarding seating arrangements for lunch, and how she disagrees with it. She does a great job explaining why she disagrees, and is very respectful. I remember not liking seating arrangements in school, but I am still not sure I will completely veto it out in my classes. I can see the benefit for learning names and taking attendance.


"Kaili's Blog"
Kaili's blog post was about the book Marley and Me. She wrote a question about the book's setting and gave her answer. Previous posts seemed to be similar, asking questions and giving answers. In my comment, I told her how I had never read the story, but loved the movie. I have heard great things of the book so I am sure she will enjoy it.

Children holding hands under quote, I blog, you blog, let's all blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment