Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blog assignment #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?
Little Kids...Big Potential
-Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 1
-Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 2
-Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 3

Game screen of a black night sky covered with UFOs and aliens. With the quote Learning: The ultimate game where you never run out of levels.
It is a pleasure seeing such wonderful educators, and being able to learn from them! Mrs. Cassidy is an inspiration for anyone wanting to take advantage of technology in the classroom, as she basically taught herself. I hope to be as motivated to learn as she and her students are, knowing it is an ongoing process. There are always going to be some struggles with change. One problem I might encounter will be access to resources. Not all people come from the same background and opportunities. This means that not all students will be capable of having technology accessible at home and school. One way this could be addressed is having the county fund some of these learning tools for those students and they are responsible for damages or losses. The district could have ability to authorize only certain apps and sites keeping the product as secure as possible. One thing I look forward to using that Mrs. Cassidy takes advantage of is blogging. The students are so excited about their blogs and sharing their work with the world, and not just for recognition, but because they hope to learn more! I notice myself getting more excited about what I am learning so, and I hope to pass that along to my students. One goal of mine is to help get my students as excited about learning as her students are. The recognition and comments they receive, from all over the world, help instill confidence and pride in their work; while also enabling them to continue learning.

2 comments:

  1. LATE

    Did you watch all of the videos? I suspect not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany,
    I thought Mrs. Cassidy was terrific. At first, I was unsure about using technology in my classroom because I was not familiar with it, but she completely changed my mind. Blogging is definitely a must! When we first started EDM 310, I was completely lost. I had no idea what a blog was or where to begin, but every week I look back and can see myself improve. Not only improving in blogging, but in grammar skills as well. I hope our students learn so much about blogging and become successful skilled bloggers. Good job!
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete