Sunday, November 30, 2014

Final C4T

For my final C4T I chose to comment on Mrs. Frazier's Blog post regarding, Shelfari. She spoke of how it has taken off in her class and is slowly spreading to other first grade classes, via twitter. Intrigued, I looked into this site, and am glad I did. I LOVE reading! I read anything and everything, but am a sucker for Nicholas Sparks and Lurlene McDaniel. Typical I know, but I love them! Shelfari gives you the opportunity to save books to your "shelves", and share them with others to read. I believe reading is very important. For me, it is an opportunity to get in touch with my imagination, and creative side. Her students also are really enjoying this site, and sharing their shelves. This gives them the opportunity to showcase their interests, and connect with others that have similar interests. Basically another form of a PLN. I will certainly take advantage of this site in my future classroom and encourage my students to read any opportunity they get.
Good reads, it's what your friends are reading! Shelfari. Library Thing. What's on your bookshelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment