Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T3

Andrea Kerr's blog, For the Love of Teaching Math is a great resource for math teachers or even any teacher looking into making lessons more fun. She has a link on her blog to the site, Teachers Pay Teachers. This could be a wonderful PLN. It is a site that teachers all over buy and sell resources they have or need. It has various grades and subjects. I would definitely suggest looking into it! Her post I commented on was about her math lessons about integers, and how she made them fun. She turned a lesson into a game, this gave the students desire to learn the lessons so they could play the game. She provided videos for the games. I enjoyed her blog and will have to keep it for resources.
For the Love of Teaching Math

For my second post on Mrs. Kerr's blog, I commented on her favorite things. By favorite things she did not mean color or food, but instead resources for her classroom. The resource I found to be my favorite is her game, Fortune Teller. It is used to help with solving equations. This game reminds me of one I played as a child, and loved. One student acts as the "teller" holding the apparatus and manipulating it, while the other will choose the number and equation to workout. She created this game herself. It has been successful in not only her class, but, thanks to Teachers Pay Teachers, also other classrooms across the country!
List of instructions for the game
Game piece for addtion.

No comments:

Post a Comment