Thursday, November 20, 2014

C4K November

Racquelr's Blog
Racquelr is an 8th grade girl with a very different opinion of Taylor Swift than most girls her age, or at least so I thought. Her post I commented on was about her, and some fellow classmates, declaring independence from Taylor Swift. She gives many reasons for her position. Some that stuck out most to me include her views on Taylor Swift's song quality and the messages they send to girls. I have always been a Taylor Swift fan, as are many females I know, but as I read this other female student's interpretations, I became curious as to how I would comment effectively to make a connection with such a strong opposing opinion. I began to think of how I will handle this type of situation in my classroom, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I firmly believe in voicing that opinion. I thought it could be a perfect opportunity for a class debate! Together, the class can brainstorm a topic to debate and then each student will choose his or her position. Once the positions are chosen they would begin research to prepare for the big debate. This could be group work or done individually. Racquelr's post was very descriptive, and she had the makings to begin an interesting debate. I hope to help my students have as much confidence in their opinions and knowledge as she exemplified in her post.

Your opinion <u>matters<u />

Brennan's Blog
Brennan is in Mrs. Mena's class in California. His post was about his similarities and differences between him and his mother. He wrote that they both love being active and reading, but have differences in cleanliness and organization. I used to struggle with keeping things tidy and organized as well, even though my mother cleans 3 times a day. I told him something that helps me keep tidy now is picking up as I go. This can be used for my classroom as well. To ensure my students have a great learning environment, I must make sure to keep it clean and have everything organized throughout the year. One way I can make sure that happens is by doing an "inspection" at the end of every day. I can help my students learn to become more organized and tidy while ensuring I do the same. We can make a game out of it, having the cleanest stations receive a reward at the end of every day. Hopefully my tip helps Brennan and any other person that might have the same struggles.
Sebastian G's Blog
Sebastian is a 5th grader at a school in California. His blog post I commented on was about his teacher, Mrs. Mena. The title, Best Teacher Ever: Mrs. Mena definitely caught my attention because it tells me he is excited about her class, and that is how I want my students to feel. He says she is the best teacher because she makes learning fun, always cracks jokes, celebrates hump day, plays games, and allows them to listen to music on Fridays. He also wrote aboutGo Noodle, a site for teachers, students,and parents. It's an educational site with numerous fun and interactive videos that can be used for "brain breaks" throughout the day. It is a wonderful resource to get the students up and moving, and excited about learning! The site includes links to Zumba videos, kids bop music videos, and much more. I hope to use all my new resources and things I've learned so far to become my future students', best teacher ever.
Three

No comments:

Post a Comment