Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blog Assignment #5

Personal Learning Networks
This class is the first to introduce PLNs to me; PLN stands for "Personal Learning Network". Personal learning networks help teachers and students gather multiple sources of information on a certain topic, from one common place. The components of a PLN include the people and tools you receive assistance from. Some forms of PLNs include twitter, facebook, and/or blogs. For my PLN I chose to use Twitter. To build my PLN I started following specific current educators that also use twitter. Along with older teachers and peers in my past, my PLN will continue to grow and become more useful as time passes. I can use my PLN to ask questions I don't know answers to, and to get new ideas from resources added by others.
Collage of words related to PLNs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany!

    Great post! I too used twitter as a main part in creating my PLN. I used teachers that were requested in the blog assignment. They only think I could suggest is that maybe it would be helpful to use some of the EDM310 staff in the PLN. Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For my PLN I chose to use Twitter. " You should not limit the development of your PLN to one source. In fact, I think it is impossible to do so.

    ReplyDelete