Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or
her practice? What are my passions?

Name: Tiffany Wake
Why teach?: Loved teaching as a child. A child with down syndrome came into my life at 14 which sparked my love for special needs.
Educators role: Shape the future. Groundwork for how and what people learn.
My passions: my family, friends, and traveling.

Hello, my name is Tiffany Wake. Growing up I always loved to play school,as time passed, my love for teaching children grew. At 14 I met a child with down syndrome to say she changed my life would be an understatement. Because of her, I decided to teach children with special needs when I got older. An educator helps lay the groundwork for how and what people will learn. No matte the level of an educator, they are still helping to enhance the future passing along knowledge. My family is the most important thing I have in my life. I have one older brother married with one little girl. My mother and father live in the house we were raised in, on the line of Louisiana. Our small town life made us very close and I go home at least once every month for family dinner. My friends are my support group and people I make all of my favorite memories with. Traveling is a huge passion for all of us. I love new places and exploring. I feel like every new experience is just another chance to learn.

As stated earlier, I am a small town gal. I was born and raised in Pearlington, MS. Growing up we had one post office, one school, and one community center. Needless to say,everyone knew everything. While I loved my family and friends back home, I wanted to venture out and have new experiences. A friend of mine came to South the year before me, and told me to come visit campus. I came and loved everything about the campus and students. The distance was just enough for me to still watch my niece grow up and have my new adventures.

Family Photo


I really like to run outside and go places. Througout this semester I hope to get better at not procrastinating. Upon graduation I hope to move to Hawaii to teach for a few years before settling down.


No comments:

Post a Comment